Tuesday, July 7, 2009

11 Days left!

I was sitting at my computer last night, staring at an email from my awesome florist, Karen of Huckleberry Karen Designs.  In the close of her note, she wrote, “12 more days!”

When I thought about it, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Okay, maybe not the whole ton. Maybe just a couple.

But it was a good thing. A happy realization. And it was like I knew that, but her words typed out words made it that much more REAL.

I’ve been getting messages and emails from friends and family who will be gathering next week for our wedding. Our wedding is NEXT. WEEK. Holy moly. And maybe I keep doting on this fact because we’ve been engaged since March 2008. I didn’t know how quickly this day would come considering that it seemed light years away! Now, we’re down to just under eleven.

People keep asking my mom about how I’m doing. Like I’m supposed to turn into a fuming, drooling, three-eyed monster, commonly known as a “Bridezilla” like the type you see on the television series. And she laughs simply and says, “Everything is going great.” She asked me the other day, “Should you be freaking out? My friends keep wondering.”

Well, good news, I haven’t sprouted any extra optical units or turned any shades close to Elphaba from Wicked, so I think everything is going to be alright.

I’ve been asked, “How are you feeling?” “Are you ready?” “Are you nervous?” I’m so excited and elated that the big day is coming. Okay, so the nerves should creep up around 1:55pm on July 18, but those will be happy nerves. Like “It’s finally time” nerves.

We want everyone to have a good time and have fun at our wedding.

See you in 11 days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a pleasant surprize! You may do shopping at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/women